APPLE PANCAKES WITH OATS – HEALTHY & EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE

Now these pancakes, they’re the best.
Considering I hated apples for the longest time, and that I’ve said this for probably every pancake recipe I’ve ever made – this is a very bold statement. And yet here I am.
I actually made these a really long time ago, like beginning of summer, but with summer and all the fresh produce I made so many other recipes, that I just let this one wait for its season…

APPLE PANCAKES WITH OATS – HEALTHY & EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE


Ingredients

  1. 1 egg
  2. 1 apple
  3. 2 tbsp honey
  4. 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
  5. 1/2 cup oats, ground
  6. 1 tsp cinnamon
  7. 1/3 tsp nutmeg (very little)
  8. 1/2 tsp baking soda
  9. 1/2 tsp vanilla
  10. 2-3 walnut halves, chopped

For cooking:

  1. coconut oil
  2. Toppings
  3. chopped walnuts
  4. honey
  5. fruit of your choice
  6. whipped coconut cream (my food dream option)


Instructions


  1. Slice the apple and pulse it with the rest of the wet ingredients (eggs, honey, melted coconut oil) in a food processor until smooth. (You can probably also use apple sauce, around 1/3 cup - if it's 100% apples).
  2. Add in all dry ingredients, except the walnuts - ground oats, spices, baking soda. Pulse again until combined. Mix in the walnuts.
  3. Cover the surface of a nonstick pan with coconut oil. At medium to medium-high heat, using a spoon, pour the mixture forming palm-sized pancakes (I used a small pan, made 3-4 pancakes per batch).
  4. Cook until bubbles come up on the surface and the mixture is not liquid (about a minute), then flip and cook for 30s-1min. Put on a plate and repeat for another batch.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Read More About This Recipe Click Here